How hard are the new boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GATORANALYST

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to know how hard people have thought the new boards are in Psychiatry. I know they have changed it to a one passing score, excluding passing in each individual section. Just wanted to get some feedback. I've been studying the Psychiatry test prep and review manual, which I really like. Tired of doing the questions in the back of the chapters for neuro(kaufman).

DO you guys think the Spiegal book is enough? Do you really have to do all the questions in the Kaufman book?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I passed the exam last year. If I were to do it again I'd study the same way: mostly do the Spiegel book exams timed, read and memorize all the explanations twice. I'd still leave Kaufman on my bookshelf gathering dust.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I really like the Spiegal book, especially since they reinforce the material throughout the book. The newer addition is mint!! I'm doing the kaufman questions at the end of the book. I was not going to do them but I feel sinful if I don't....I mean it is Kaufman....Did you feel the neuro in Spiegal was enough?

Anyone just do the questions at the back of the Kaufman text and avoid the end of the chapter questions. I'm strapped for time...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
General psyc was not bad, Child-Adol was very hard. Recert in both was a breeze.