How hard is it to get into Kaiser Permanente?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wellwell

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody know how hard it is to get into Kaiser Permanente, specifically in Georgia? Is it hard to get in as an intern if you haven't started as a clerk? I know they have a Managed Care residency, which might be easier to get in if you're already an intern.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

not too sure but I understand they will hire pretty much anyone who gets the job done correctly. They are an HMO.

Can someone tell me what you might do there an intern or as an extern on rotations?

Members don't see this ad :)
No clue about GA, but in CA...Kaiser jobs are at a premium and very difficult to get. Once you're an intern, you have your foot in the door. It's a great place to work with great benefits and quite a bit less paperwork BS to deal with.

You might have a better chance at getting a per diem or part time job with them as a licensed pharmacist, but FT positions are very difficult.

Again, this is CA, I don't know if this carries over with GA.

No clue about Georgia but I'd imagine it'd be harder than the other areas since the network out there is smaller.

Your best bet is to try to apply for a job after May and during the summer when the P4's are graduating and moving on to other jobs. Here in Colorado they do all of their hiring during the summer since corporate now requires that we must do new employee orientation which is impossible to do during the school year.

I currently work for Kaiser, and didn't work as a clerk for them before hand. I just got lucky there was an opening and was willing to work at a location that's not very convenient to where I live. As an intern I do a little bit of everything in the pharmacy. Clerk work, tech work, C-II audits, compounding, lots of patient counseling, pretty everything except the final verification.