How hard is it to get into PCO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phillygirl98

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering. That's my first choice and I'd really like to know more about how difficult their admissions process is. Of those of you who already applied there and got in or didn't what were ur stats if u don't mind me asking..did you get into other schools that were harder or easier? Thanks for your inputs! I really appreciate it! I'm planning a visit this week and I would like to know if admissions commitees take note of that as well when looking through apps..any info would be great! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Phillygirl98 said:
just wondering. That's my first choice and I'd really like to know more about how difficult their admissions process is. Of those of you who already applied there and got in or didn't what were ur stats if u don't mind me asking..did you get into other schools that were harder or easier? Thanks for your inputs! I really appreciate it! I'm planning a visit this week and I would like to know if admissions commitees take note of that as well when looking through apps..any info would be great! :)

phillygirl,
i got accepted to all the schools I applied to.
I really enjoyed PCO as they were all very professional and helpful.
my advice to you is apply early! study like a *&%$ for the OAT and try to keep your GPA at the lower 3.0's (minimum)

one of the things that PCO wanted to get to know about me ( i felt ) is if im mature enough, do i really know what an optometrist does, and if im able to handle their coarse load....
( and by the way, if you get in, you will fall in :love: with their Eye Institute...very cool and professional)
good luck! :thumbup: