How heavy do medical schools weigh conduct records?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NCWolfPack21

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.9 GPA and a 510 MCAT. I went to community college for two years. I went to UVA for one month before being expelled. I am graduating from Radford next year in business. It's been 4 years since I was expelled from UVA.

My conduct record is clean at Radford and community college. However, 3 women complained about my inappropriate behavior at UVA.

I was found guilty at my conduct hearing for:
1 count of rape
2 counts of sexual battery
2 counts of abusive language
1 counts of taking pictures of students without permission
1 counts of harassment
2 counts of gender based harassment

I am a VA resident. Will any medical schools take me with those violations? I have really cleaned up my act and will not act like an idiot. I never raped anyone, but the other conduct violations were true. I was found guilty on all of my conduct violations. I was never criminally charged.

Members don't see this ad.

Chances are zero, if you have to disclose (which I'm pretty sure you do)

Reactions: 1 users
Yikes, hoping this is a troll.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yikes, hoping this is a troll.
Not a troll. Let's shorten my question.... If I was expelled from a previous school will medical schools disqualify me?

Do I have a zero percent chance anywhere? I know it sounds rediculas but it's true. Would it be good if I expung my conduct records?

Do I have a zero percent chance anywhere? I know it sounds rediculas but it's true. Would it be good if I expung my conduct records?
School conduct records cannot be expunged and you would have to report them, even if they did:

"Institutional Action
You must answer Yes to this question if you were ever the recipient of any institutional
action by any college or medical school for unacceptable academic performance or
conduct violation, even if such action did not interrupt your enrollment or require you to
withdraw. You must answer Yes even if the action does not appear on or has been deleted
or expunged from your official transcripts due to institutional policy or personal petition."
AMCAS Instruction Manual 2017

Reactions: 1 user
School conduct records cannot be expunged and you would have to report them, even if they did:

"Institutional Action
You must answer Yes to this question if you were ever the recipient of any institutional
action by any college or medical school for unacceptable academic performance or
conduct violation, even if such action did not interrupt your enrollment or require you to
withdraw. You must answer Yes even if the action does not appear on or has been deleted
or expunged from your official transcripts due to institutional policy or personal petition."
AMCAS Instruction Manual 2017
Do you think any medical schools would take me with my record? Is there anyone whose been expelled from an undergrad school that you know of?

Do you think any medical schools would take me with my record? Is there anyone whose been expelled from an undergrad school that you know of?
I know of no LCME accredited medical school that would consider someone with the record you have described.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case you forgot, you were found guilty of rape.

I was found guilty of rape at my conduct hearing. Not in a court of law. I have a clean background check.

I was found guilty of rape at my conduct hearing. Not in a court of law. I have a clean background check.
Wow. Yeah so the rape didn't count. Not getting into it with you but I believe your question has been answered by adcom: no chance at medical school for you. Deuces.

Reactions: 2 users
I wouldn't want a sexual deviant as my physician, just sayin

If by some miracle he * did* get accepted, he'd be posting on here a few years from now
" Dismissed from Medical school due to sexual misconduct. What are my options??"

Reactions: 1 user
Your career in Medicine is over. Time for Plan B

I have a 3.9 GPA and a 510 MCAT. I went to community college for two years. I went to UVA for one month before being expelled. I am graduating from Radford next year in business. It's been 4 years since I was expelled from UVA.

My conduct record is clean at Radford and community college. However, 3 women complained about my inappropriate behavior at UVA.

I was found guilty at my conduct hearing for:
1 count of rape
2 counts of sexual battery
2 counts of abusive language
1 counts of taking pictures of students without permission
1 counts of harassment
2 counts of gender based harassment

I am a VA resident. Will any medical schools take me with those violations? I have really cleaned up my act and will not act like an idiot. I never raped anyone, but the other conduct violations were true. I was found guilty on all of my conduct violations. I was never criminally charged.

It hasnt started O_O
Thank God

If you were to found a non-profit geared toward combating sexual misconduct on college campuses and devote the next five years of your life to public speaking, educating other students about how and where to draw the line, what types of conduct qualify as rape and/or sexual assault, and the consequences of such conduct -- well, then I might consider your application. But not before.