Avery07

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2008
Status
Dentist
So with all this sunny weather lately, I've been wanting to go out and enjoy some of it. But then I thought of how I want to get into dental school too... so I compromised.

I present to you my office for the next 2.5 months. (sun providing)

AmpedUp

The Legend Still Lives
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2009
Status
Dentist
LOL dude. that is SO awesome. i love the setup. try to find something to block the glare caused by the sun - that's the only issue I can forsee. :thumbup:

Simple Jack

7+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2010
Status
Dentist
:laugh:

friggin awesome!!!!

similar story here in the sunshine state, except my Helper T-cells are secreting too much cytokines in response to all this POLLEN :cry:

herkulease

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
won't you have a problem with not just glare but working on a huge screen?

I have a 24 inch wide screen monitor but ended up getting CDP, top score and acheiver on to a laptop that is more representative the monitor they'll have at the center I'm taking my test.

Its so hard going back to a tiny 15 inch 4:3 screen. My center told me they have 17 and 19 inch screens.

Its so much easier to see things on my widescreen than it is on a smaller screen.

Alanine

7+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Oh my gosh!
that is truly inspiring.
i just hope it doesn't rain. =)

Avery07

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2008
Status
Dentist
lmao @ the bottle of sun screen

awesom set up yo :thumbup:
I've got to ease myself into this sun stuff after a long hard winter. :whoa:

LOL dude. that is SO awesome. i love the setup. try to find something to block the glare caused by the sun - that's the only issue I can forsee. :thumbup:
The glare really isn't too bad. Not for the tradeoff of being outside anyways. I was thinking about putting a canopy or something of that sort up but then there goes my sun. It would be disappointing to spend all this time in the sun and have no tan to show.. so if all that costs a little glare on the screen than so be it.

friggin awesome!!!!

similar story here in the sunshine state, except my Helper T-cells are secreting too much cytokines in response to all this POLLEN :cry:
You on the East coast? Pollen isn't too bad here. Nice knowledge bomb though. :thumbup:

won't you have a problem with not just glare but working on a huge screen?

I have a 24 inch wide screen monitor but ended up getting CDP, top score and acheiver on to a laptop that is more representative the monitor they'll have at the center I'm taking my test.

Its so hard going back to a tiny 15 inch 4:3 screen. My center told me they have 17 and 19 inch screens.

Its so much easier to see things on my widescreen than it is on a smaller screen.
The massive mac is my new toy. --Just a couple months old. I have a PC laptop that's probably 17-19 inches. I have my CDP on it. I was thinking about trying to sweet talk CrackPAT into giving me another license for this computer but the advantage from the big screen would kill the realism of the exam.

Avery07

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2008
Status
Dentist

friggin awesome!!!!

Haha nvm.. sunshine state = Florida lol. Didn't catch that one.

Last edited:

AmpedUp

The Legend Still Lives
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2009
Status
Dentist
haha Fair enough. It's all about getting comfortable my dude. This is how you turn the DAT into fun f'real. Wishing you luck!

herkulease

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
The massive mac is my new toy. --Just a couple months old. I have a PC laptop that's probably 17-19 inches. I have my CDP on it. I was thinking about trying to sweet talk CrackPAT into giving me another license for this computer but the advantage from the big screen would kill the realism of the exam.
Yeah a big screen makes things so easy.

By the way am very envious of your sonics drink. the nearest sonics to me for me is nearly 30 minutes away and that's the newest. Used to be an hour and half drive.

crew09

5+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
that looks so good. wonder what the neighbors will think.^^

Avery07

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2008
Status
Dentist
Yeah a big screen makes things so easy.

By the way am very envious of your sonics drink. the nearest sonics to me for me is nearly 30 minutes away and that's the newest. Used to be an hour and half drive.
Sonic is quite heavenly. One of my best friends actually works there so.... lots of free cherry limeades await me for a quick 3 minute drive. :D

that looks so good. wonder what the neighbors will think.^^
Well.. sad story actually. There is (was) this older lady that lived next door.. across that white fence anyways. So the story is that she's not there anymore so either she passed or moved to a clinic residence.. or maybe she just never comes outside or drives a car anymore. Who knows. Unfortunately for her, I'd take my first assumption. Which is also unfortunate for me because she did make some delicious chocolate chip cookies for us several times after we moved in. In fact she came over one day after we moved in to introduce herself. Anyways, we told her that we were having a party later so if the music was too loud to let us know. So she's like-- oh a party? I'll bring cookies over lmao. So 10:00pm comes along and we're partying with mass amounts of friends when the sweet 85 year old neighbor lady brings cookies. Wonderful lady.

On a side note, she does have a beautiful lawn with very little crabgrass. :thumbup:

Avery07

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2008
Status
Dentist
March Madness = Study Fail

Anyone else here hate Butler more than any team in the nation? :D

MrBeans

MrBeans
Nov 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Lol, I should have had this set up! ;)

It's still kinda chilly where I live though...

herkulease

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
March Madness = Study Fail

Anyone else here hate Butler more than any team in the nation? :D
That's not study fail.

Knowing how much Michigan need to score while stopping Butler = QR

when they put up a shot Will the ball go through = keyholes

Avery07

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2008
Status
Dentist
That's not study fail.

Knowing how much Michigan need to score while stopping Butler = QR

when they put up a shot Will the ball go through = keyholes
Well when you put it that way it appears my spring break was quite productive after all. :claps:

I was wondering what was with my sudden perfection in keyholes.. :D

And witnessing the tragic loss of my beloved K-State = how to cope with a 16AA on the DAT :idea:

Mar 31, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Mmmm free cherry limeade :p
Beeauutiful setup! If you gotta study I guess you might as well do it in style :D

Sep 2, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Avery07, I have been enjoying the sun during my lunch break, as well. lol, I think you'll have a farmer's tan if you studied 2.5 months in the sun. It's a fun and novel idea, thanks for sharing with us. Don't forget that right guard or Axel deodorant stick (2nd picture, lower right corner) when you study DAT...it's intense. lol.