How Important are Grades Post Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

speeter

OMS-1
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering how much scrutiny my grades will be getting. I have straight A's right now, and I don't even know if I could force myself to slack off a little, but it would be good to know that I can. It would be nice to devote a little more time to work to pad the bank account before med school. I am going to MSUCOM if it makes any difference.

Members don't see this ad.

I also would like to know! =)

I'm right there with you bud~~ except the whole "straight a's"... it seems the only class i'm holding an A in is German.... and i'm taking that pass/fail!!! :laugh:

It's not that I "want" to pad my account, but more along the lines that I need to get as much saved up as possible to give to my family when I start at MSUCOM~~~ (they get every dollar I make right now--not to mention the $25-30k i'll get from selling off the bulk of my camera equipment, Bye bye photography business, hello school)

My grades are slipping, but honestly, when it's either Take the photoshoot and pay the house-payment or study for a Neuro test.... my parent's house comes first... knowImean? =P

enough of that "poor-me" i gotta actually go -start- studying for my neuro test tomorrow--

I'm just wondering how much scrutiny my grades will be getting. I have straight A's right now, and I don't even know if I could force myself to slack off a little, but it would be good to know that I can. It would be nice to devote a little more time to work to pad the bank account before med school. I am going to MSUCOM if it makes any difference.

If you get a D or F, your acceptance will likely be withdrawn.

Members don't see this ad :)
My letters have said, "contingent upon completion with a C or better".

C or better is pretty much the rule. I would shoot for a B just to be safe. I slacked last year and was border B/C in a class last year and was kind of sweating it. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, but just eliminate as much stress as possible post-acceptance.