How important are science classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shahrork

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im a junior in college and I have a 2.2 Sci GPA however I really love my philosophy classes and do very well in those classes. Im currently taking epistemology, ethics, medical ethics, metaphysics, and gen chemistry. Is it time for me to panic? :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I would say it's going to be EXTREMELY difficult to get in with a 2.2 sci gpa. IMO you should start working to bring that up asap. It took me 2 years to get in with a 3.74 science gpa.

Im a junior in college and I have a 2.2 Sci GPA however I really love my philosophy classes and do very well in those classes. Im currently taking epistemology, ethics, medical ethics, metaphysics, and gen chemistry. Is it time for me to panic? :eek:

A 2.2 sci GPA is going to be a liability on your application, and as a junior, even finishing out with all A's you will be hard pressed to raise it significantly. I would focus on having an upward trend. Good luck!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Science GPA is probably the most important part of your application. Hate to crush your spirits, but you have some serious work to do to even raise it to reach the bottom range of GPA's for competitive applicants.

Ur gonna need some serious work to get that sGPA higher, or I'm sorry to say, ur chanses of getting are very low with that 2.x

How the heck did it take you two tries to get in with a 3.74 sci GPA??

Status
Not open for further replies.