How important is going to a university program?

Started by dcwm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dcwm

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an FMG and my IM ROL is due in a day. I want to rank a decent community program above a university one. But wondering if fellowship PDs tend to disregard or filter out community programs. Is it very imporant to go to a university based program for IM? Or is it OK for me as long as I do research at the community one?
 
I'm an FMG and my IM ROL is due in a day. I want to rank a decent community program above a university one. But wondering if fellowship PDs tend to disregard or filter out community programs. Is it very imporant to go to a university based program for IM? Or is it OK for me as long as I do research at the community one?

If you are decided on cardiology then rank based on which program has in house cardiology, strong cardiology faculty and great cardiology match. A university that struggles to match cardiology is not superior to a community hospital with great cards match rate. And being at a university doesn't necessarily mean u have access to research. rank based on these factors