How important is Reading Comprehension?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dasaniii

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I took the DAT a week ago, and I got 21 AA/ 22 TS/ 23 PAT / 18 RC :(
I'm applying to Columbia (dream school), UPenn, NYU, UCSF and might be adding more soon.

Is 18 RC going to be okay? I read a few threads about the importance in RC because some dental schools put "more" emphasis on RC.. I heard Upenn does, but i'm not sure about these other 3 dental schools.
However, it seems like they all put a significant amount of emphasis on RC score, so I'm kind of worried. And I didn't know about this until few days ago.

What do y'all think?

Thank you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely important considering you're going to need to read and quickly retain information being a dentist. However, it's nothing a balanced application and great interview can't fix!
Goodluck!

Reactions: 1 user
It's moderately important. I think for most schools it goes AA>TS>RC>PAT, but a select number of schools value PAT more than RC. Overall I think you're good and have nothing to worry about.

Definitely important considering you're going to need to read and quickly retain information being a dentist. However, it's nothing a balanced application and great interview can't fix!
Goodluck!
Great advice! Make sure you have a great personal statement that will open the door to interviews, if asked about your reading score while on an interview just make sure to have a well thought out response.

Not much more you can do at this point so no need driving yourself crazy.

Nancy

Reactions: 1 users