How important is the Bio section exactly..?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xuzoo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So.. I took my DAT yday, and I got the following:

PAT: 21
QR: 24
RC: 22
GChem: 20
OChem: 30 (DAT Bootcamp and DAT Destroyer ftw...)
Bio: --------->18<----------
TS: 20
AA: 23

I know the AA appears fine, but does anyone know how this looks to dental schools. A couple of my friends lowkey hinted to me that it looks bad that one of the scores is high and another is extremely low. It's better to have equal distribution, especially since dental school will be mainly biology. Obviously, the only thing that saved me was my orgo. Brutal honesty is preferred. I'd rather be prepared than ignorant

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
WOAH 30 OCHEM GRATS! Lol I got an 18 in bio the first time it's not the end of the world I guess. I think all the science sections probably have the most importance. Welcome to the 23 club!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If your gpa is good you don't have anything to worry about. Are you looking to stay in California?

I agree with @smilez10, if you have taken upper-level Biology courses and have done well then I wouldn't really worry about it. No way should anyone retake if they scored a perfect in a section.

Dentistry relies heavily upon biology. I'd say it's the most important section on the exam aside from RC. Your scores are fine though and I wouldn't worry.

Dentistry relies heavily upon biology. I'd say it's the most important section on the exam aside from RC.
Yeah.. that's exactly what I was assuming. Not sure if there is anything I can do about it..

Hey guys need some help, is it imp to read or memorize the solutions of DAT BIO destroyer? I think i remember someone saying the pull questions from the solutions?
Of just doing the questions is enough?
Please help !