LA
Status
Pre-Dental
So.. I took my DAT yday, and I got the following:

PAT: 21
QR: 24
RC: 22
GChem: 20
OChem: 30 (DAT Bootcamp and DAT Destroyer ftw...)
Bio: --------->18<----------
TS: 20
AA: 23

I know the AA appears fine, but does anyone know how this looks to dental schools. A couple of my friends lowkey hinted to me that it looks bad that one of the scores is high and another is extremely low. It's better to have equal distribution, especially since dental school will be mainly biology. Obviously, the only thing that saved me was my orgo. Brutal honesty is preferred. I'd rather be prepared than ignorant

Last edited:
OP
xuzoo

xuzoo

2+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2014
LA
Status
Pre-Dental
thats an extremely helpful doc. LOL. thanks!

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
WOAH 30 OCHEM GRATS! Lol I got an 18 in bio the first time it's not the end of the world I guess. I think all the science sections probably have the most importance. Welcome to the 23 club!

Reactions: xuzoo

smilez10

2+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
If your gpa is good you don't have anything to worry about. Are you looking to stay in California?

sarriball

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2014
Status
Dental Student
I agree with @smilez10, if you have taken upper-level Biology courses and have done well then I wouldn't really worry about it. No way should anyone retake if they scored a perfect in a section.

JLT223

Dental Student
2+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Dentistry relies heavily upon biology. I'd say it's the most important section on the exam aside from RC. Your scores are fine though and I wouldn't worry.

OP
xuzoo

xuzoo

2+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2014
LA
Status
Pre-Dental
Dentistry relies heavily upon biology. I'd say it's the most important section on the exam aside from RC.
Yeah.. that's exactly what I was assuming. Not sure if there is anything I can do about it..

Trish21

2+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2016
Hey guys need some help, is it imp to read or memorize the solutions of DAT BIO destroyer? I think i remember someone saying the pull questions from the solutions?
Of just doing the questions is enough?
Please help !

Dec 11, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Hey guys need some help, is it imp to read or memorize the solutions of DAT BIO destroyer? I think i remember someone saying the pull questions from the solutions?
Of just doing the questions is enough?
Please help !
Yes read and memorize all of bio desroyer and you should be set.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile