How important is vet experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qufxie2307

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I know there were some threads about this issue but I couldn't exactly find my answer.
I'm in undergrad, hoping to apply within next year or two,
but my GPA is pretty low, I'm thinking it'll be around 3.0~ish by the time I graduate.
(I might take more classes to raise it) I didn't take my GRE yet.
I was wondering how important vet experience is to the application.
I started working at small animal practice for about 5 years.
by the time I apply, I'll have close to ~12,000 hours of small animal practice experience.
I also volunteered at the zoo ~400hrs. I know most of the schools look at grades first hand but
do you think my vet experience might help with my low GPA at all?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
I know there were some threads about this issue but I couldn't exactly find my answer.
I'm in undergrad, hoping to apply within next year or two,
but my GPA is pretty low, I'm thinking it'll be around 3.0~ish by the time I graduate.
(I might take more classes to raise it) I didn't take my GRE yet.
I was wondering how important vet experience is to the application.
I started working at small animal practice for about 5 years.
by the time I apply, I'll have close to ~12,000 hours of small animal practice experience.
I also volunteered at the zoo ~400hrs. I know most of the schools look at grades first hand but
do you think my vet experience might help with my low GPA at all?

Questions like these are best answered in the "What are my chances?" post which is stickied at the top of the forum.

Specifics of your app will make a huge difference, as well as where you're applying. I'm sure if you post there, someone will help :)

Questions like these are best answered in the "What are my chances?" post which is stickied at the top of the forum.

Specifics of your app will make a huge difference, as well as where you're applying. I'm sure if you post there, someone will help :)
thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks TPanda

Reactions: 1 user