How intensive is a masters OT Program?

Started by ABA OT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ABA OT

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a very strong background in psychology (BA is psychology with 3.2 GPA & a MA is Psychology with GPA 3.8). I am hesitant on entering the OT field becuase it is outside of my expertise. HOWEVER,
I am very intersted in OT because of the humanistic contact you have with a patient in which an OTs sole purpose is to help that individual regain skills that they have lost. My main question is, how intensive is the program regarding the biological sciences (anatomy, neuroanatomy, physiology, statistics). Do you think I can survive given my background?

Thank you for your advisement.
 
I think you should be fine. I have my bachelor's in psychology and am sending off my app for a Master's in OT today. Aside from some additional pre-reqs in A&P I and A&P II, Kinesiology for some schools, Chemistry, and Physics you should be ok. I would still give it a try and take a look at it.
 
Having a MA already, with a great GPA, you wouldn't go for a PsyD? I think you would be in a better position than a Masters in OT, and would have all the humanistic contact you could shake a stick at. 😀