Columbiagrad1484
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know if this is the correct space to post in, but I’m hoping to get some advice from this community. I graduated with my OT degree from Columbia about 3 years ago, but I haven’t taken the NBCOT yet. Life happened, I was overwhelmed, and time just kind of slipped by. I am now ready to move forward, but I’m unsure what next steps are after being out of school for this long. I’d really appreciate insight on:
-Whether taking the NBCOT after a multi-year gap is still realistic
-What I should be aware of regarding eligibility, deadlines, or state licensure
-Recommended study strategies or refresher courses for someone in my position
-Experiences from anyone who delayed the exam and later returned successfully
I know this isn’t the traditional path and I’ve made mistakes, but I’m motivated to get back on track and would be beyond grateful for any advice or resources. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
-Whether taking the NBCOT after a multi-year gap is still realistic
-What I should be aware of regarding eligibility, deadlines, or state licensure
-Recommended study strategies or refresher courses for someone in my position
-Experiences from anyone who delayed the exam and later returned successfully
I know this isn’t the traditional path and I’ve made mistakes, but I’m motivated to get back on track and would be beyond grateful for any advice or resources. Thank you for taking the time to read this.