How is COMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedmijo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone give me some info on COMP, from a student's perspective? Does the grading system cause competitiveness (healthy or otherwise) among students? How is the faculty, facilities, and curriculum? I appreciate your input. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Western U... I like it. WooHoo
Not very competitive at all. There's some BS but that's the way it is anywhere. Some really cool people and nice neighborhoods around here. Kinda pricey I guess but how bad do you wanna be a doc.
Yup, overall I'd have to say I'm definitely coming back for second year.
smile.gif

DO '04

I agree with Alex, it's been a good overall experience. Of course there's the BS that comes with any school. But the school did a good job of picking good people to be your classmates. We have a good variety of people, and we all get along really well. Should've seen some of our post-test parties!

The big difference from undergrad to med school is the fact that you aren't competitive at this level. Because everything is straight scale, there's no reason to be competitive with your classmate. So we all try to help each other all the time. Ultimately, the goal is just to pass and if you do well... it's icing on the cake.