How is everyone meeting the PIP requirement for MOC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trismegistus4

Credential Non-Respecter
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry for posting this on what is technically a resident forum, but I know there are some posters here who are already board-certified, and I tried posting it on Sermo but got nothing but the predictable dinosaurs telling me to rise up and cast off the shackles of the ABPN and go with NBPAS.

As usual I've left things till the last minute and am coming to the end of my first three-year block of board certification, which means I need to attest on the ABPN Physician Folios website that I've met MOC requirements. One of the things I haven't even begun to look into yet until now is this Performance in Practice (PIP) requirement. I'm looking at the list of approved products on the ABPN website, and it seems everything requires doing an entire little project where you review a bunch of charts, write up what you need to improve, put your plan into action, then do another chart review to see whether you achieved your goals and write up the results. Is there no easier way of meeting this requirement? Do we all seriously have to do our own little entire QI project every 3 years?

(Note: Please keep the debates on the merits of MOC to a minimum. I really just need practical advice on the quickest, easiest, most painless way to get this done.)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought they got rid of the PIP thing?
I use therapist feedback forms in any therapy work I do so I did a 'propose your own' where I faxed in the form I use and described how I respond to concerning feedback. It was fine.
Do you regularly collect any data like PHQ-9, GAD-7 or anything like that? If so you could pick one of those questions to focus on and just say how you are going to plan to improve scores on that question.