how is int.med at las vegas?..someone please...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docmani

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
any details about the program....

Members don't see this ad.

All the info I have is from their website, you might have already visited that.
What stood out most to me are the excellent fringe benefits. On the other hand the greatest negative in my opinion is the poor fellowship placement as per the website (stating that they place residents in endocrinology-that is hardly a selling point.)

I was a med student at the University of Nevada. Send me a PM with any specific questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by KUB
I was a med student at the University of Nevada. Send me a PM with any specific questions.

any details about the program?...are residents happy?...do they get fellowships?...etc...

thanks

The residents are pretty happy from what I remember, although I'm no longer there, so I can't attest to the current camaraderie. In general, most of the residents are IMG's, but some are very good, and would be good residents anywhere. Others are not so good, but in general, I was mostly impressed. The residents do get fellowships, but not in GI, Cards, or the other competitive fellowships, like allergy. As for LV, it is a great city IMO, and the hospital itself is a pretty nice county hospital. Any other questions?

what fellowships can they get?....endo,occ.med,geriatrics,rheumat...etc..?....