How is it standardized?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gurl21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but..

if the DAT is offered almost every day of the year, how do they standardize your scores? Are you compared with all the other students who took the test on that particular day..or what? :confused: Thanks for clearing up my confusion

Members don't see this ad.

Gurl21 said:

if the DAT is offered almost every day of the year, how do they standardize your scores? Are you compared with all the other students who took the test on that particular day..or what? :confused: Thanks for clearing up my confusion

The DAT consists of a very large question bank. I believe that the DAT utilizes a specific set of questions from that bank during three to four week intervals and your performance is ranked according to the others that took the test, with the same questions, during the same time. Yet one more reason to frequently check SDN: to see what the latest trend in DAT questions is and what areas are covered.

Gurl21 said:

Why do u care? just do ur best and dont worry about other people or how they grade it. It is a standardized test so obviously its fair. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
egpndoc said:
Why do u care? just do ur best and dont worry about other people or how they grade it. It is a standardized test so obviously its fair. Good luck

Umm, I was curious.

Gurl21 said:
Umm, I was curious.

Good answer :thumbup: :thumbup:

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
--Albert Einstein