How is Jacksonville to live in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pjhouston

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone can tell me about living in Jacksonville I'd appreciate it. I'm looking at a residency there at the Mayo but can't decide about the city. It seemed great for people married with kids, but what about single people: are there decent restaurants, bars, foreign movies, coffee shops?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am assuming that you mean Jax, Fl. Affiliated w/ UF perhaps? If so go for it. From what I understand its a great place to be. I know for a fact that Jacksonville is a very nice area. It is much milder than many other large metropolitans. Understand that there are going to be some problem areas, just as there would be in other large markets. Yet, overall it is a nice mix. For extra-curricular stuff, they've got it all (except a pro baseball team BOOH!). The social life offers a little bit of everything. I don't know how familiar you are w/ the area, but there is a wonderful little district called The Landing. It's located riverfront, and it has a little bit of everything. I hope this has helped. Sorry if not.

Thanks psi. I appreciate the info.