How is 'other science' valued?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Geo16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I know that sGPA is valued together with Other Science.
But then, wouldn't adcoms look specifically at pre-requisite course grades?

Would 'Other Science' be weighed differently than BCP(Bio,Chem&Phys)?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

Every single school DO or MD probably looks at and weighs varying parts of the GPA depending on what the dean or adcom is looking for. Pre req classes are important but I'm sure the other section is just as important since this also takes into account a lot of your upper division biology courses and they'd want to see if you were able to handle courses like immunology, pharm, etc which are important courses that are taken in medical school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Every single school DO or MD probably looks at and weighs varying parts of the GPA depending on what the dean or adcom is looking for. Pre req classes are important but I'm sure the other section is just as important since this also takes into account a lot of your upper division biology courses and they'd want to see if you were able to handle courses like immunology, pharm, etc which are important courses that are taken in medical school.
Thank you.
Right.. so there isn't a clear answer since it varies across the schools and adcoms.
I guess it means I should do well in all courses :) There is no specific weight.. Got it.
My sGPA would be greatly affected by Physical Geography or Earth Science courses... I should perform well on all courses!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just do well in your courses, whatever they are, and you'll be amazed at well regarded you'll be.

Hello!

Just do well in your courses, whatever they are, and you'll be amazed at well regarded you'll be.
Thank you!
Yes, I will do well in them!!!

I looked at AACOMAS course subjects and saw that Atheltic training was under other science. So, I got a silly question. Is weight training considered other science lol? What about lifetime fitness?

Edited: sorry for bumping this thread @Geo16, I didn't want to litter sdn with a pointless thread

I looked at AACOMAS course subjects and saw that Atheltic training was under other science. So, I got a silly question. Is weight training considered other science lol? What about lifetime fitness?

Edited: sorry for bumping this thread @Geo16, I didn't want to litter sdn with a pointless thread
I'll bump this again because I'm taking a similar course this semester. It's called "Body Conditioning" under Kinesiology.