how is the maricopa county program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sga430

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this is one of the few with a scramble spot. how competetive and img friendly is this program. i heard it is a great program.

Members don't see this ad.

this is a TERRIBLE program. I am amedstudent in arizona and know many pysch residents who had to transfer out of the program into another onein phoenix since maricopas was so horrible. YOu are stuck doing all the work of a social worker since they dont have social workers there. The training is terrible and attendings do no teaching. I know 3 in one year who transfered out of there

sga430 said:
this is one of the few with a scramble spot. how competetive and img friendly is this program. i heard it is a great program.

How many open psych spots are there now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Solideliquid said:
How many open psych spots are there now?

i assume none. they are not listed anymore in the unfilled scramble spots. there is only one scramble spot open at another program.

TheCat said:
this is a TERRIBLE program. I am amedstudent in arizona and know many pysch residents who had to transfer out of the program into another onein phoenix since maricopas was so horrible. YOu are stuck doing all the work of a social worker since they dont have social workers there. The training is terrible and attendings do no teaching. I know 3 in one year who transfered out of there

Can anyone verify this? Or is this a protective measure by someone who is vying for a spot there in the future? :thumbup: :thumbdown:
The latter would be funny! :laugh:

well suit yourself-i have no interest. I rotaed with 2 people in one class who rotated out-ask the residency themselves how many transfers they had out last year if you dont believe me. They wouldnt have gone through the huge hassle of transfering out if the program was not malignant-they told me the things im passying on-belive them or not. I have seen these people first hand and seen copa(ive rotated through many things there )-the bottom line is im sure any residency youll learn and be ready for practice-its just from what i hear the amount of uncessary scut work is horrendous due to the fact they have none/little social work that works along psychiatrist-and anyone interested in psych knows that good social workers can make or break your life as a pysch resident-im saying you end up doing a ton of busy/paper/phone call work yourself. Also per the residents the attendings and teaching are not top notch. Believe me or not-im not applying there so i really have no stake.

I doubt anyone really thought you were lying. I was kind of a funny idea though. Spread nasty rumors and then take the spot yourself. :laugh: I will remember that one.

Did you guys hear what happened at ...

TheCat said:
well suit yourself-i have no interest. I rotaed with 2 people in one class who rotated out-ask the residency themselves how many transfers they had out last year if you dont believe me. They wouldnt have gone through the huge hassle of transfering out if the program was not malignant-they told me the things im passying on-belive them or not. I have seen these people first hand and seen copa(ive rotated through many things there )-the bottom line is im sure any residency youll learn and be ready for practice-its just from what i hear the amount of uncessary scut work is horrendous due to the fact they have none/little social work that works along psychiatrist-and anyone interested in psych knows that good social workers can make or break your life as a pysch resident-im saying you end up doing a ton of busy/paper/phone call work yourself. Also per the residents the attendings and teaching are not top notch. Believe me or not-im not applying there so i really have no stake.

Ummm, I have no real investment in this program, as I am not interested in psych, but I know from rotating there that each psych attending is assigned a social worker. I worked with two of the attendings there and was highly impressed by how much work the social workers actually did.