How is the PCAT scored?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avicenna04

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
(sorry for yet another PCAT thread, but its close to exam time, so....)

How is it scored?
Do they give you a percentage? as in, "you got 25/30 on biology, 83%"

Or is it based on how you did compared to everyone else? as in, "You are in the high 90% range as compared to everyone else who has taken the PCAT during this month."

Because everytime i ask people what they got they say "my composite is ....."

Members don't see this ad.

Avicenna04 said:

How is it scored?

Or is it based on how you did compared to everyone else? as in, "You are in the high 90% range as compared to everyone else who has taken the PCAT during this month."

You get a percentage score and a scaled score on every section. I have RARELY heard of anyone using the scaled score, most only use the percentage score. For the composite score, your scaled scores from each of the sections is averaged and compared to the sample group and given as your composite percentage; which is what everyone talks about when they talk about their PCAT score. Hope this helps. If you need to know more, look on the PCAT website www.pcatweb.info and you should be able to find everything you need to know about the PCAT.

Avicenna04 said:

How is it scored?

It's compared. If 50% of the test takers also got 25/30 on biology, you would score at the 50th percentile.