How is the pre med program for Loyola University Chicago

D

deleted421268

How is pre med program undergraduate studies at Loyola University Chicago?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm assuming the program at Loyola is like any other program? There isn't even such thing as a "Pre-med program" per se at most schools. They just make sure you're on the right track and sign your committee letter.

Now If you're asking about Science programs at Loyola, I'm sure they're top notch. They should be for that price! But you'll have to be more specific with your question.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think since at most schools the classes will all be pretty similar content wise for your pre-req classes, it's important to focus on the out of classroom opportunities (will you be able to do research? Will you be able to volunteer? do they have the majors you want? do you think you'll do well there academically?) since at most places you'll get very similar classes offers, but might not be able to do a lot of the other stuff you need to do out of the classroom which is also important. A lot of schools don't really have structured "pre-med programs," so it's going to be hard for people to say if the specific program is good (as opposed to them saying they attend the school and like it).

Another way to tell if the school might be good for you is how many students of theirs are accepted to med school (ie at my school 90% of students who apply are accepted to med school so it's safe to say that it might be a good option if you're interested in going to med school because students are obviously able to partake in necessary extracurriculars for admission and med schools also accept our classes for the pre-reqs). Schools usually have that info somewhere on their website.

How is pre med program undergraduate studies at Loyola University Chicago?

I know a girl who attends Loyola. The school is very good in science. So if you are interested in science, this school is the way to go.
The premed program is not any different than any other school.
What you should do is visit that school...see if you like the atmosphere..its size...its environment.
Academics are good there. It is good anywhere really.

Pretty much most colleges can prepare you for the MCAT and medical school. That being said, Loyola's ranked pretty decent and would most likely have a good pre-med program as well.