How is Worcester Pharmacy School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WorcesterPHOBoy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HOw is the first P1 Students are doing at Worcester Pharmacy School, hard or its ok?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
WorcesterPHOBoy said:
HOw is the first P1 Students are doing at Worcester Pharmacy School, hard or its ok?

couple of my friends go to the other campus of mcp, i heard they're on probation (both campus) b/c too many students either flunk out or don't pass boards.

i cannot find any info about schools on probation. I tried searching mcphs and probation. Are they really on probation?

marx said:
couple of my friends go to the other campus of mcp, i heard they're on probation (both campus) b/c too many students either flunk out or don't pass boards.

I just got back from an interview at MCPHS-Worcester and I didn't get the impression that anything was wrong at all. I was told that the retention rate is approximately 90% and the passing rate for the NAPLEX is 92%. I don't know why either of those numbers would result in the school being put on probation. If anyone finds any solid evidence please post it....

chuks_pharmD said:
Can I still apply there...or is it too late to apply....

I'm thinking of turning in my application next week..

some one please..please....please..let me know :scared:

It is not too late to apply, but I would recommend sending your application in ASAP bec they review them as they come in.

when did you applied?
because i send in my application also , jsut waiting to hear grom them

jolie122 said:
when did you applied?
because i send in my application also , jsut waiting to hear grom them

I mailed my application 10/31, received an invitation for an interview a week later, interviewed on 11/18, and am still waiting to hear back...

has anyone else interviewed there?

how did they contact you for invitation? via email, phone or mail? Thanks for the info in advance!

henderson said:
how did they contact you for invitation? via email, phone or mail? Thanks for the info in advance!

I got a letter in the mail.

I submitted my application on line around Oct 20th, got my interview invite on Halloween, scheduled it for 3 days later, and i had my acceptance 5 days after. The whole process took less than 4 weeks for me and this is the only place i applied to!
I think their program is a decent one too.

Comet208 said:
I submitted my application on line around Oct 20th, got my interview invite on Halloween, scheduled it for 3 days later, and i had my acceptance 5 days after. The whole process took less than 4 weeks for me and this is the only place i applied to!
I think their program is a decent one too.

did u apply as a P1 student? or P3 (transfer student) btw, congrats on ur acceptance? is that where u'll end up going?

Nerdd13 said:
did u apply as a P1 student? or P3 (transfer student) btw, congrats on ur acceptance? is that where u'll end up going?

I was under impression that the Worcester Program only took "transfers" (students with pre-professional courses already completed) since it is accelerated.... anyone know differently?

pharmforme said:
I was under impression that the Worcester Program only took "transfers" (students with pre-professional courses already completed) since it is accelerated.... anyone know differently?

You are correct. Everyone enters in the 1st Professional Year.

chuks_pharmD said:
what were your stats like..........I mean GPA...Volunteer work....Work experience.....etc.IF u don't mind....

I think they mostly looked at my grad school record:

Masters in biology/ molecular biology

Washington University in St. Louis.

Masters GPA: 3.43

Some research in genomics stuff.. and i want to go to pharmacogenomis/clinical trials

NO pharmacy experience

Volunteer work: health educator (read: sex educator!!)

please note: you do not need the above credentials to gain acceptance there. You need decent pre-req GPA with a clear idea of what you want to do with your life and a convincing reason as to why you want to be a pharmacist. Most of my interview was about what kind of research i am interested in and when i want to get married and how many kids i want to have!!