How Late is Too Late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Doctorswithborders013

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've sent an app to a majority of my DO schools. However, I left out the ones that had hard requirements with sGPA as I have a sub 3.0.

Based on some feedback I have received from a rejection: My EC's are great (military, clinical, shadowing, etc), MCAT is perfectly ok for DO (507), and a year of 4.0 DYI Post-Bacc is very promising, but they would have felt more comfortable if I had submitted after my planned coursework (biochem, genetics).

My question: Is it worth it to finish fall quarter and try to sneak in some last-minute apps mid-September or if at that point just maintain the course for a reapp?