how late is TOO late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xoangelxo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking my DATs in mid-june, so I do not want to worry about the application right now (I have my letters of rec done though). If I begin my application right after my DATs and submit it at the latest the second week of july, do u think i would be at a disadvantage at all? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I had my entire application done in early June, but my LORs took forever to get processed and sent to my schools and AADSAS lost my transcript, so I had to fax another one. If I were you, I would go ahead and start an application, you don't have to fill in any of the fields yet, but get your transcripts and LORs sent in so that AADSAS can start processesing everything and then go back after your DAT and fill in all your info. AADSAS tells you that it will take 4-6 weeks or something like that to process and verify your transcripts. Then as soon as you have your stuff filled out, submit it and you don't have to wait!

No you wont be at a disadvantage. However, if I were you, I would send the application first and then take the DAT because it takes 4~6weeks for AADSAS to process your application, and you dont have to have DAT score at the time when you submit your application

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have everything to include LORs you should submit it before you take the DAT. Your official transcripts still need to be sent, AADSAS needs to verify all of your grades which you still have to enter, then they have eight weeks to snail your application to schools. If you submit at the end of July your application may not make it to schools until late September then you have secondary applications and an interview to do. Some schools start interviewing in late August/September. You should submit as early as you possibly can. You must have some time between now and your test date to fill out and submit AADSAS. You'll be very glad you submitted early, if you do.

DAT scores take up to three weeks to mail from the ADA/ADEA.

No you wont be at a disadvantage. However, if I were you, I would send the application first and then take the DAT because it takes 4~6weeks for AADSAS to process your application, and you dont have to have DAT score at the time when you submit your application

Wrong. You will be at a disadvantage to every other student that applied before you. Do the application now and send in the rest later. Every day you wait the less advantage you will have. I am not saying that if you dont send in the application today you wont get in, but why roll the dice any longer than you have to.

The sooner the better.

I was very, very late and suffered greatly for it. I took the DAT in October last year and completed my application for 2007 in late November.

Keep on top of your status at AADSAS! I discovered that my app was not complete weeks after I thought it was because one of my UG schools failed to send the transcript that I had ordered.

I did get in, but I strongly recommend applying as early as possible. I was extremely lucky- like lottery ticket lucky. Don't do what I did.

RP

They are right, the sooner the better. The schools like to interview and fill their classes early...they really don't leave that much room for later applicants. It also depends on the school, but unless you are AMAZING in everything it's harder to get the later slots.

that's what they promise, but don't count on it :laugh::laugh:

too late? May of next year, but then you'd be on time for 2009.:thumbup: :laugh:

Wrong. You will be at a disadvantage to every other student that applied before you. Do the application now and send in the rest later. Every day you wait the less advantage you will have. I am not saying that if you dont send in the application today you wont get in, but why roll the dice any longer than you have to.

thats not necessarily true, ive been told by a few schools, one of them being ucla, that they do not even file them in order.

what they do is just pile them up, and look at them all at 1 time by screening them in october, any apps that come in after they review the 1st time, are seriously then at a disadvantage

some shcools do prioritize by time, but july is early, im planning to apply late june and retake a dat in august, and all the schools ive talked to say i wont be at any disadvantage whatsoever