How late should I push back Step1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOhustle

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
OMS2 at the start of dedicated without a full content review. Just took my first Step1 practice USWA1 and received a 202 (57%), obviously not super happy with my score. Assuming a productive dedicated period utilizing UFAP, am I likely to pass taking USMLE in early-mid June? Rotations start July, I was hoping to at least have a couple weeks off before the clinical grind begins.

Members don't see this ad.

Scheduling in mid June gives you about 4 weeks from now to reschedule without a fee, so you have time to adjust the date. Also, a 202 still puts you at the lower end of the passing range. Not really that bad when you are starting dedicated. Your score can only go up from here. I would recommend taking about 2-3 NBMEs in the days leading up to the no-fee reschedule date so that you can re-assess your performance at that time and decide whether or not to push back the exam date. You have a few weeks between now and then, which is more than enough to substantially improve your score.

Reactions: 1 users