Step I How late should I push back Step1

Started by WardsDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WardsDawg

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMS2 at the start of dedicated without a full content review. Just took my first Step1 practice USWA1 and received a 202 (57%), obviously not super happy with my score. Assuming a productive dedicated period utilizing UFAP, am I likely to pass taking USMLE in early-mid June? Rotations start July, I was hoping to at least have a couple weeks off before the clinical grind begins.
 
Scheduling in mid June gives you about 4 weeks from now to reschedule without a fee, so you have time to adjust the date. Also, a 202 still puts you at the lower end of the passing range. Not really that bad when you are starting dedicated. Your score can only go up from here. I would recommend taking about 2-3 NBMEs in the days leading up to the no-fee reschedule date so that you can re-assess your performance at that time and decide whether or not to push back the exam date. You have a few weeks between now and then, which is more than enough to substantially improve your score.