How legitimate is this DO school website?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Panda247

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just found this site.. which I'm sure all of may have at one point or another.. Can anyone tell me if this is ACTUALLY accurate, or if it is just some sort of scam site? Here's the link: . my stats are currently input, but as you can see you can put your own in as well. http://www.studentdoc.com/component...pe,do_school/selected_state,PA/view,doschool/

Members don't see this ad.

Not accurate. Just from a quick glance it has both NYCOM and LECOM's MCAT average at ~21.6. That's not even remotely close.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Well for example what are their ACTUAL averages? thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
If you click on each school.. It gives averages of each individual section of the MCAT... I see what you did with the schools you listed was just add up each "average". Is that correct to do that? or can they only be taken as is.

Also, if this site is not legitimate, what other resource can I use to compare DO schools to see if I'm competitive?

Thanks!

original link is inaccurate *and* despite randomly recognizing VCOM (est. 2007), it recognizes no other school built post 2003.

Last edited:
if the original link is inaccurate, then is another link MORE accurate? also thank you for the table! it looks great so far!

just apply to schools YOU want to go to...not because they are easy and not because they are reputable...wherever you feel you will be succesful and happy, do that, because your going to live there for 4 years so choose wisely my med student friends said

it helps to look at each school's individual website and look at the current class profile to get an idea about average scores for mcat and gpa.

I applied last year. I put my stats in and the number one match interviewed and waitlisted me (never made it off the list) and the number 2 match rejected me pre-interview. Didn't apply to #3, accepted to #4 and #5. IMO/IME it is not accurate, lol.