How likely to be hired by pharmacy manager as pharm tech?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lesept2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called Walmart pharmacy the other day and the pharmacy manager was on the phone. I asked him if they were hiring pharmacy technicians and he said "part-time" at the moment. So do I stand a chance? I send online app back a month ago. I am currently a certified pharm tech and I will receive license next month which the pharmacy manager said was ok. When I went to go see him at the store, he said to drop off my resume during my next visit. He said that he would later follow up with his personnel. I haven't heard from him and it has been 2 buisness days. So do I stand a chance?

Members don't see this ad.

I called Walmart pharmacy the other day and the pharmacy manager was on the phone. I asked him if they were hiring pharmacy technicians and he said "part-time" at the moment. So do I stand a chance? I send online app back a month ago. I am currently a certified pharm tech and I will receive license next month which the pharmacy manager said was ok. When I went to go see him at the store, he said to drop off my resume during my next visit. He said that he would later follow up with his personnel. I haven't heard from him and it has been 2 buisness days. So do I stand a chance?

You have a chance and when waiting to hear back, 2 days is NOTHING.

When I went to go see him at the store, he said to drop off my resume during my next visit. He said that he would later follow up with his personnel. I haven't heard from him and it has been 2 buisness days.

I'm confused, did you actually drop off your resume already? Was that what happened 2 days ago?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ive worked as a pharm tech at walmart and im going to say not really likely. If he was really interested he would have probably got you an interview right away.

Once took me half a year from when I interviewed to when I got a job offer. Unfortunately I had to turn down the offer. 2 days is nothing. After 3 weeks or so, maybe call them and see what's going on.