You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
How long after surgery before SCS trial?
Started by pain101
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'd get MRI look for stenosis elsewhere and consider TFESI +/- SI joint
Double check - ensure surgical team has gotten CT scan and r/o hardware failure, lucency around hardware, c/f infection, screw malposition, etc.
Double check - ensure surgical team has gotten CT scan and r/o hardware failure, lucency around hardware, c/f infection, screw malposition, etc.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
we do 1 year from surgery to look for both union/mal-union/non-union and signs of true surgical failure.
EDIT:
Rather than use FBSS, you can use post surgical spinal pain and chronic lumbar radiculopathy as the indications.
EDIT:
Rather than use FBSS, you can use post surgical spinal pain and chronic lumbar radiculopathy as the indications.
Last edited:
Go ahead with a trial. Most likely has a nerve injury no matter what happens with the fusion.
How are you getting this authorized through insurance without chronic pain syndrome as the primary diagnosis?we do 1 year from surgery to look for both union/mal-union/non-union and signs of true surgical failure.
EDIT:
Rather than use FBSS, you can use post surgical spinal pain and chronic lumbar radiculopathy as the indications.
I was told chronic pain syndrome is the secondary diagnosis, you cannot bill it as the primary diagnosis. At least for private insurance.How are you getting this authorized through insurance without chronic pain syndrome as the primary diagnosis?
ICD 10 code list for SCS coverage at the bottom here. Please note that even though lumbar radiculitis is a supported code, the patient is still required to have failed surgery. Some people are using this code in virgin spines.
MCD Search
The Redesigned MCD Search Page lets you search on a keyword, code, or document ID
First Coast Service Option is the MAC for your geographical region (although I thought you were in Texas 🤔). If you look at the SCS LCDs for my MAC, it doesn’t outline any group 1 codes like yours does. The way you’re coding and billing for it is per your MAC’s requirements.I was told chronic pain syndrome is the secondary diagnosis, you cannot bill it as the primary diagnosis. At least for private insurance.
ICD 10 code list for SCS coverage at the bottom here. Please note that even though lumbar radiculitis is a supported code, the patient is still required to have failed surgery. Some people are using this code in virgin spines.
MCD Search
The Redesigned MCD Search Page lets you search on a keyword, code, or document IDwww.cms.gov
MCD Search
The Redesigned MCD Search Page lets you search on a keyword, code, or document ID
All my chronic pain patients have chronic pain syndrome since theyre all in chronic pain.How are you getting this authorized through insurance without chronic pain syndrome as the primary diagnosis?
I dont believe this is correct. You just need a surgeon to say there is no target to intervene on, even if pathology (disc bulge, compression, etc,,,) is present.I was told chronic pain syndrome is the secondary diagnosis, you cannot bill it as the primary diagnosis. At least for private insurance.
ICD 10 code list for SCS coverage at the bottom here. Please note that even though lumbar radiculitis is a supported code, the patient is still required to have failed surgery. Some people are using this code in virgin spines.
MCD Search
The Redesigned MCD Search Page lets you search on a keyword, code, or document IDwww.cms.gov
We've put in plenty of stims in patients who fail epidurals with very good results.
Chronic radiculopathy in patients who are not surgical candidates and who have failed conservative management qualify for scs in my neck of the woods..
Agast, I’m in New Jersey, I can assure you wherever you are, I’m dealing with a nightmarish hell that you can’t even imagine and I can still get coverage
Agast, I’m in New Jersey, I can assure you wherever you are, I’m dealing with a nightmarish hell that you can’t even imagine and I can still get coverage
rumor has it there’s a shadow ban (or increased risk of claw back) on people who have less than stellar trial to implant ratios.Anyone hear anything about SCS cuts coming? There was some talk in my group about this. Not sure if it was legit or just rumor
Similar threads
- Replies
- 19
- Views
- 3K