How long are Pre Med classes good for

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

scienceguy

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any one know how long Pre med classes are good for

Bio A,A
Chem B+,B+
Orgo A, A
Physics B+, B

doont know if grades have any impact on this
 
scienceguy said:
Any one know how long Pre med classes are good for

Bio A,A
Chem B+,B+
Orgo A, A
Physics B+, B

doont know if grades have any impact on this


Also graduated with a Bio Degree (With High Honors) in 04
and will be completing a masters in Molecular Bio next year with a conc in cancer genetics
 
seven years (it's like breaking a mirror)...methinks

I think a masters trumps prereqs. It may be decided on a case by case basis. Call the schools you're interested in & find out their policy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Perhaps at some schools, but not always. I had some classes (Chemistry and Physics) that were over 10 years old when I applied and no school refused my application. My degree was 5 years old at the time of application to medical school. I took Organic Chemistry and Biology right before applying as I had never taken those courses so I did have recent course work.
 
mpp said:
Perhaps at some schools, but not always. I had some classes (Chemistry and Physics) that were over 10 years old when I applied and no school refused my application. My degree was 5 years old at the time of application to medical school. I took Organic Chemistry and Biology right before applying as I had never taken those courses so I did have recent course work.

Course work never "expires", but some schools may not accept MCATs more than 3-5 years old...