How Long Before Secondaries are sent after screening?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopeful55

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application has finally been released to the schools I have chosen on my AACOMAS application. I have received emails from schools acknowledging that they have received my application; however, it indicated they will conduct an initial review before sending the information for a secondary application if eligible...

How long does it usually take to get screened before secondary applications are sent out for applicants?

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

My application has finally been released to the schools I have chosen on my AACOMAS application. I have received emails from schools acknowledging that they have received my application; however, it indicated they will conduct an initial review before sending the information for a secondary application if eligible...

How long does it usually take to get screened before secondary applications are sent out for applicants?

Depends on the school. Some schools just do a basic MCAT/GPA screen. Others, like KCUMB and PCOM, do a pretty in depth screen that takes longer.

Either way, how long it takes depends on a bunch of factors.

for the school who dont screen...it was about 2 days. Then the rest come in staggered, which is somewhat nice

Members don't see this ad :)

If you don't mind sharing , which schools send this message out?
To answer your question, my app. was released this tuesday and by now I have 6/18 of my secondaries. I was hoping to get some more invites today but didnt get any emails.Still waiting.....

If you don't mind sharing , which schools send this message out?
To answer your question, my app. was released this tuesday and by now I have 6/18 of my secondaries. I was hoping to get some more invites today but didnt get any emails.Still waiting.....

If you don't mind me asking, which 6 schools already sent the secondaries? I'm still waiting on mine! Thanks

Last edited:
The school that specifically stated that was Ohio University.

If you don't mind me asking, which 6 schools already sent the secondaries? I'm still waiting on mine! Thanks

Oops, I actually have 7 so far. I have CCOM, AZCOM, NSU, DMU, LECOM Erie, ATSU-KCOM, ATSU-SOMA.