how long did it take you to finish the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LauraFairlie

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all~!

For those of you that have already taken the DAT, did it take you all 5 hours to finish the DAT? Also, how soon in advance should I register for the DAT if I want to take it in July? And how many hours a day did you have study for the DAT, and for how many months? Thank you everyone~!!
 
Hi all~!

For those of you that have already taken the DAT, did it take you all 5 hours to finish the DAT? Also, how soon in advance should I register for the DAT if I want to take it in July? And how many hours a day did you have study for the DAT, and for how many months? Thank you everyone~!!

I'm in the same position as you. Also looking to take it in July and all that good stuff...I'm starting off with a couple hours a day and bumping it up more and more as I go along. I already started on the Perceptual testing part.
 
Hi all~!

For those of you that have already taken the DAT, did it take you all 5 hours to finish the DAT? Also, how soon in advance should I register for the DAT if I want to take it in July? And how many hours a day did you have study for the DAT, and for how many months? Thank you everyone~!!
i took it last summer, and i used all the time allotted. if you finish a section early, you can always just go back and 2x check your answers (that's what i did)...now if you're a true baller, you can just finish each section early and go on to the next one w/o taking the breaks and could possible leave in 3 hrs 😀

you can register no later than 1 week prior (according to prometric) and no earlier than 1 year. i would register as soon as you can because in the summer i can only immagine some of the those time slots will fill up quick. i wanted to take mine new test (taking it again) in march but i have to wait til May. only because i wanted a 12 noon test and that was the soonest one i could get to work with my schedule.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I finished science about 30 mins early, but I skipped a lot. I still did well for a practice test: got like a 17
everything else was a photo finish.

3 months ahead of time you should register
and study about 1 month (full time) or more. the more the better.
 
Thanks guys!! 😀

LOL 😀 I wish I could be fast enough to finish it in 3 hours or so. I'll definately have to register asap. I like your name PandaXpress LOL 😀
 
I think I had about 20 mins left on sci, took about 5 mins to go back and scan through.
PAT I took all the time as usual... RC I finished with like 20-25 mins left and just went ahead, but that's just a good section for me. I think I took all the time on QR as well.