Quantcast

how long did it take you to finish the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LauraFairlie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all~!

For those of you that have already taken the DAT, did it take you all 5 hours to finish the DAT? Also, how soon in advance should I register for the DAT if I want to take it in July? And how many hours a day did you have study for the DAT, and for how many months? Thank you everyone~!!

PandaXpress

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all~!

For those of you that have already taken the DAT, did it take you all 5 hours to finish the DAT? Also, how soon in advance should I register for the DAT if I want to take it in July? And how many hours a day did you have study for the DAT, and for how many months? Thank you everyone~!!

I'm in the same position as you. Also looking to take it in July and all that good stuff...I'm starting off with a couple hours a day and bumping it up more and more as I go along. I already started on the Perceptual testing part.

bigstix808

Mac Daddy Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all~!

i took it last summer, and i used all the time allotted. if you finish a section early, you can always just go back and 2x check your answers (that's what i did)...now if you're a true baller, you can just finish each section early and go on to the next one w/o taking the breaks and could possible leave in 3 hrs :D

you can register no later than 1 week prior (according to prometric) and no earlier than 1 year. i would register as soon as you can because in the summer i can only immagine some of the those time slots will fill up quick. i wanted to take mine new test (taking it again) in march but i have to wait til May. only because i wanted a 12 noon test and that was the soonest one i could get to work with my schedule.

doc3232

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finished science about 30 mins early, but I skipped a lot. I still did well for a practice test: got like a 17
everything else was a photo finish.

3 months ahead of time you should register
and study about 1 month (full time) or more. the more the better.

LauraFairlie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!! :D

LOL :D I wish I could be fast enough to finish it in 3 hours or so. I'll definately have to register asap. I like your name PandaXpress LOL :D

Flipper405

"Excessive" flosser
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I had about 20 mins left on sci, took about 5 mins to go back and scan through.
PAT I took all the time as usual... RC I finished with like 20-25 mins left and just went ahead, but that's just a good section for me. I think I took all the time on QR as well.