How long did it take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sweeti8286

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows how long after the interview were you notified the decision on admission from U. Michigan? Please also post if you were notified near Dec. 1 or a little afterwards.

Feel free to post other schools- I'm sure other people would like to know for other schools as well.

Thanks in advance! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

haha- I'm replying to my own thread- CASE only took 4 days via e mail...and snail mail- about 8 days to get to me- after Dec. 1.

UDM took about 2 weeks, but only because they have set days for their review board meetings and the next one after my interview date was that far ahead. I got the letter ~2 days after their meeting date.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was notified by Michigan on Dec. 1st so it was a few weeks after my interview. I heard from Boston via Infosource about 3 weeks after my interview, which was in early December. My interview with UNLV was a day or two after the Dec. 1st notification date, and I didn't hear from them until a month after my interview. I think I remember UNLV saying they wouldn't notify the 2nd round of acceptances until most of the Dec 1st folks had replied.

I think nowadays the turn-around on acceptances is much faster. I recently interviewed at Tufts, and they said we would hear yay or nay within two weeks. Then again, their admissions committee meets every other week so maybe it's just them.

SUNY Buffalo took a whopping 2 whole days.

Sweeti8286 said:
I was wondering if anyone knows how long after the interview were you notified the decision on admission from U. Michigan? Please also post if you were notified near Dec. 1 or a little afterwards.

Feel free to post other schools- I'm sure other people would like to know for other schools as well.

Thanks in advance! :love:

Your acceptance from UMichigan will arrive the day after your Case deposit is due. :eek: