How long do you have to hold when calling AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mizzoudude

I called the 202-828-0600 number to check on my Transcripts that were sent last week...and it still says waiting on transcripts...

I have been on hold for 45 minutes.....

How long have you had to hold??

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I called when I was originally applying in '03...still on hold...and now its '06...and I'm 24 now. This is why I am a non-trad. Damn.

Just kidding. When I called them in June, I had to hold for about 15 minutes. :)

lol

Thanks...I finally got through...only to (of course I knew this before calling) hear the guy say that it takes 5-7 business days for them to update transcripts being recieved...so he said it should be up by the 19th...he said call again if it isn't updated...I laughed at him

Members don't see this ad :)
mizzoudude said:
lol

Thanks...I finally got through...only to (of course I knew this before calling) hear the guy say that it takes 5-7 business days for them to update transcripts being recieved...so he said it should be up by the 19th...he said call again if it isn't updated...I laughed at him

wait. so why did you even call in the first place?

I was waiting for 30 minutes...then, while on hold I read this thread and got the hell off the phone. I have better things to do with my time. Slowasses.

if i were AMCAS, i would have a number on the options menu when u call that says "if you are wondering about the status of your transcript, please press 9".

i think i've literally read about 50 threads of people wondering where their transcripts are. (including mine!)

I called at 9am, right when they opened, and was on hold for 20 minutes. When I called at 8:58 it wouldn't get me through to an agent, so they must open them up at exactlly 9 - and people must be calling immediately!

I think things are especially bad right now because of the MCAT deadline. I was on hold for ~40 minutes both times yesterday I called. I wish they had an online chat service like some companies.

sucks for y'all's phone bills. 45mins on long distance/cellphone mins is a monumental waste to curb your neuroses. haha but who am i to judge. then again, if you're like me and call from your work (which has free long distance for you), kudos.

18 minutes and counting...

****, if I have to wait 45.... arrrrrrrrgh :mad:

wish I had used my cell, my mom is going to kill me.

so... as soon as I hit submit on my last post, amcas answered!!! thank you sdn :)