mizzoudude

10+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
Status
I called the 202-828-0600 number to check on my Transcripts that were sent last week...and it still says waiting on transcripts...

I have been on hold for 45 minutes.....

How long have you had to hold??

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Well, I called when I was originally applying in '03...still on hold...and now its '06...and I'm 24 now. This is why I am a non-trad. Damn.

Just kidding. When I called them in June, I had to hold for about 15 minutes. :)

OP
M

mizzoudude

10+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
Status
lol

Thanks...I finally got through...only to (of course I knew this before calling) hear the guy say that it takes 5-7 business days for them to update transcripts being recieved...so he said it should be up by the 19th...he said call again if it isn't updated...I laughed at him

About the Ads

isobel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
mizzoudude said:
lol

Thanks...I finally got through...only to (of course I knew this before calling) hear the guy say that it takes 5-7 business days for them to update transcripts being recieved...so he said it should be up by the 19th...he said call again if it isn't updated...I laughed at him
wait. so why did you even call in the first place?

Entrepreneurdoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I was waiting for 30 minutes...then, while on hold I read this thread and got the hell off the phone. I have better things to do with my time. Slowasses.

Robizzle

1K Member
10+ Year Member
May 28, 2006
Boston & NYC
Status
Medical Student
if i were AMCAS, i would have a number on the options menu when u call that says "if you are wondering about the status of your transcript, please press 9".

i think i've literally read about 50 threads of people wondering where their transcripts are. (including mine!)

kidthor

meep
10+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
I called at 9am, right when they opened, and was on hold for 20 minutes. When I called at 8:58 it wouldn't get me through to an agent, so they must open them up at exactlly 9 - and people must be calling immediately!

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
AMCAS is the medical equivalent of New York City's DMV

MahSpoon

is TOOOOO big
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I think things are especially bad right now because of the MCAT deadline. I was on hold for ~40 minutes both times yesterday I called. I wish they had an online chat service like some companies.

10+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2005
Status
Medical Student
sucks for y'all's phone bills. 45mins on long distance/cellphone mins is a monumental waste to curb your neuroses. haha but who am i to judge. then again, if you're like me and call from your work (which has free long distance for you), kudos.

About the Ads