How long does background check take in CVS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

forever27

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just want to ask who work in CVS as intern how long will the background check takes? I was offered a intern in CVS, and returned back the signed offer letter and urine test a month ago. Until now, they still let me wait for the background check result. I asked them several times and it seems they are very slow. :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I think it has a lot to do with how organized your local intern coordinator is. When I joined up with them a few years ago it only took about a week or so from signing the release to hearing the result, but I started there as a tech not an intern. I've heard that starting as an intern (rather than transitioning into the position from tech) can require a number of paperwork hurdles. Hope they get stuff straightened out for you soon.

It took me well over a month. Everybody was confused:confused: as to where I was suppose to work and where the money to pay me is suppose to come from. I got tired and told them bluntly that I'm tired of this ##### and wasn't going to take it. Started working the following day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just want to ask who work in CVS as intern how long will the background check takes? I was offered a intern in CVS, and returned back the signed offer letter and urine test a month ago. Until now, they still let me wait for the background check result. I asked them several times and it seems they are very slow. :mad:

Wow! It just took a little over two weeks from the time I was interviewed until I started working...I guess it just depends where you are.

Just got response after my post, I am cleared

Backround check should not take a month! one week! No more. As a PIC, i put the backround check in right away after intent to hire. Something went wrong with intern coordinator!