how long does it take AMCAS to receive an electronic committee letter?

flyingeagle

5+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Got an email from my committee saying the letter was uploaded this morning, and roughly 8 hours later, AMCAS still says it's not received. Just wanted to check SDN wisdom on if electronic letters are supposed to be accepted instantaneously on AMCAS?

Did a SDN search but all the questions are about Interfolio. Sorry about the potential neuroticism - just want to make sure that something bad didn't happen, like me accidentally giving my committee the wrong AMCAS ID...

Thanks guys!
Mine was uploaded about 18 hours after sending it on interfolio (did this yesterday).

StudyCat

2+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Got an email from my committee saying the letter was uploaded this morning, and roughly 8 hours later, AMCAS still says it's not received. Just wanted to check SDN wisdom on if electronic letters are supposed to be accepted instantaneously on AMCAS?

Did a SDN search but all the questions are about Interfolio. Sorry about the potential neuroticism - just want to make sure that something bad didn't happen, like me accidentally giving my committee the wrong AMCAS ID...

Thanks guys!
Mine got sent on last Friday, AMCAS got the letters Monday, and a couple of schools started getting them yesterday and today.

starspells

Membership Revoked
Removed
Dec 28, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I really want to know why schools still choose to mail it when they have the option of uploading it electronically? o_O

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
I believe that the AMCAS letter writer system updates and exchanges info with the application system once a day and then sent to school a business day later