how long does it take AMCAS to receive an electronic committee letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gunsandroes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Got an email from my committee saying the letter was uploaded this morning, and roughly 8 hours later, AMCAS still says it's not received. Just wanted to check SDN wisdom on if electronic letters are supposed to be accepted instantaneously on AMCAS?

Did a SDN search but all the questions are about Interfolio. Sorry about the potential neuroticism - just want to make sure that something bad didn't happen, like me accidentally giving my committee the wrong AMCAS ID...

Thanks guys!

Mine was uploaded about 18 hours after sending it on interfolio (did this yesterday).

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email from my committee saying the letter was uploaded this morning, and roughly 8 hours later, AMCAS still says it's not received. Just wanted to check SDN wisdom on if electronic letters are supposed to be accepted instantaneously on AMCAS?

Did a SDN search but all the questions are about Interfolio. Sorry about the potential neuroticism - just want to make sure that something bad didn't happen, like me accidentally giving my committee the wrong AMCAS ID...

Thanks guys!

Mine got sent on last Friday, AMCAS got the letters Monday, and a couple of schools started getting them yesterday and today.

I really want to know why schools still choose to mail it when they have the option of uploading it electronically? o_O