How long does it take AMCAS to receive LOEs from Interfolio

Started by Hr8maes21
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hr8maes21

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

Submitted my application on June 17 so expecting it to get verified any day now. Thanks all for the advice about submitting my application before worrying about getting drafts of my letters to the evaluators. (Two of my writers asked for drafts which they said they would polish and submit within a week of receiving. I know I would normally get the drafts to them a month earlier, but time was of the essence and they said they could get the draft polished in a week.)

My last letter writer just submitted his LOE to interfolio, so I've got all 5 in interfolio ready to be sent to AMCAS. How long does this usually take? If I send them to AMCAS, does it mess up my spot in the line for being verified? I read that I have to "update my application" after I add in LOEs on the AMCAS website.. I don't wanna push any buttons that can make me lose my spot in line.

Thanks all.
 
total time from your request to interfolio to you seeing in loaded into AMCAS can be up to a week. I base that it may take 1-3 days for interfolio to send it to AMCAS and 3-5 for AMCAS to show up in your account. It is likely only a day or two in most cases

How do I use Interfolio to deliver letters of recommendation to AMCAS? | Help for Medical and Dental Schools | Support
and when letters are received, are there any more steps I have to take to get it to the schools or does AMCAS automatically send