How long does it take for secondaries to be complete?

Started by varunner
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

varunner

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys, just wondering how long it took once you submitted the last of your secondary materials for schools to send you a "secondary complete" email. I'm applying to the following schools:

Tulane
EVMS
Pitt
MCV
Alabama
GW


Thanks!
 
Hey Guys, just wondering how long it took once you submitted the last of your secondary materials for schools to send you a "secondary complete" email. I'm applying to the following schools:

Tulane
EVMS
Pitt
MCV
Alabama
GW


Thanks!

I think it really depends on the school and the time of the season you're submitting. Some people who submitted ASAP were complete the next day and received interview invites early as a few days after they submitted. Now, it could take up to a month to be complete. I know I've seen quite a few secondaries that say it could even take 4-6 weeks to process everything once it's received.
 
Tulane is pretty quick with their responses. I didn't even get a chance to receive a "file complete" notice before being invited to an interview. I completed my file only a week before the interview invite and my secondary was sent in about a week and a half before that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't gotten any notification from Tulane. Did they email upon receipt of your secondary? I mailed it in almost a month ago and have heard nothing. :scared: