How long does it take to finish AADSAS/TMDSAS application stuff?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

SXCoronado

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a lot if you look at the whole thing, but if you do little by little, it's not as overwhelming and it can be done pretty quickly.
The hardest part I dare to say is getting the stupid LORs in time. Filling out the information, course grades, volunteer, shadowing can be done in a matter of a few hours or within a day if you sit down and do it, but getting letters is contingent on many factors that you cannot control, such as how busy the professor is, how well the professor remembers you, how many other letters he/she has to write, if he/she has a class during the summer or not, if he/she has a research ongoing, etc, etc.

So, what I'd do before doing anything is go talk to your LOR writers well in advance and have them get it ready as close to June as possible. If it looks like it's not going to work out, find someone else and repeat the process.

Personal statement requires a little bit of brainstorming and editing, so I'd start that around March or April as well.

Reactions: 1 user
How early can you ask for LOR's and use those LOR's. Semester prior? A year prior?

Members don't see this ad :)
Fifteen days is more than enough, the only thing you really need to do that requires any effort on your part is to get on top of sending your transcripts and getting the required letters submitted by professors.

Even then, you just enter their name into the application and the rest is up to them.

AADSAS (June 1st) opens later than TMDSAS (May 1st). After you come back in June, submit AADSAS, the batch number won't matter since you'll be early still.

Last edited:
Get ahold of an example application to see the format of the fill-ins. All I had to do was copy and paste my answers into everything and it hardly took more than two hours (even with the very tedious classes and grades). Also, make sure you selected a school when you sign/signed up for the DAT.

You can get it all done/submitted on the first day in about 4-6 hours (Can take longer). However, you need to have unofficial copies of your transcripts ready as well as your PS finished. You also need to have your resume by your side.