Bamafever

10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Can anyone tell me how long it takes for addsass to mail out an application? I submitted mine on July 25th. I called them and they said it may be anywhere from 4-8 weeks AFTER my GPAs are calculated. How long did it take them to mail out your applications? I dont understand why it would take that long after all the calculations are made. Can anyone shed some light on this subject? It seems to me all you have to do is put the print out in a folder and put it in the mail. Takes all of what 2 minutes! Im sorry, I was just a little angry when they told me it would take that long just to mail out the application. Like I said can anyone shed some light on this for me? Does anyone else feel this way about this process?

DMD to Be

not luffin' this weather.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Bamafever said:
Can anyone tell me how long it takes for addsass to mail out an application? I submitted mine on July 25th. I called them and they said it may be anywhere from 4-8 weeks AFTER my GPAs are calculated. How long did it take them to mail out your applications? I dont understand why it would take that long after all the calculations are made. Can anyone shed some light on this subject? It seems to me all you have to do is put the print out in a folder and put it in the mail. Takes all of what 2 minutes! Im sorry, I was just a little angry when they told me it would take that long just to mail out the application. Like I said can anyone shed some light on this for me? Does anyone else feel this way about this process?
I'm in the same boat as you. I actually submitted mine on the 25th too. So, just waiting and waiting. Yes, I feel the same way. I think they take their time because they can, lol. What schools are you applying to?

dnguyen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
Bamafever said:

Haha....sorry to burst your bubble, but you should do a search on your question and you'll find everyone has the same issue. That is why the adcom tell everyone to submit our applications early in May, June or July. I always thought it was because they wanted to have time to go over our applications thoroughly, but it is actually because AADSAS take their merry little time in sending out the applications.

I submitted my application on June 24th and it still hasn't been sent out yet. If you think about it, schools do interviews in October/November and send out acceptance letters in December. On average from the posts, it seems like it takes about 5 weeks for print outs to be mailed because AADSAS puts us on a queue behind people who have submitted before us. Expect yours to be sent out in September. Dont get mad...you'll be alright. I worry about people who submit their application in September or October because they won't see theirs sent out until Oct/Nov and by that time most of us will have already had our interviews. You can understand why these people would be considered late applicants.

Point of the story, send in your App early.

About the Ads

reapply2007

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2006
Status
Dental Student
The question you should be asking is why does it take AADSAS so long to mail the application when it seems like it should take seconds? The answer to this question is that they don't care. They have thousands of other people to screw and if you don't wait your turn then it isn't as much fun for them when they get around to your application.

That being said, do not call and yell at AADSAS. They may make you wait the full eight weeks and then send it parcel post. They hate you. They will shaft you. They are on a hair trigger. Treat them like the mafia - pay respect, pay money, pay more money, hope you don't get the shaft.

OP
B

Bamafever

10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
DMD to Be said:
I'm in the same boat as you. I actually submitted mine on the 25th too. So, just waiting and waiting. Yes, I feel the same way. I think they take their time because they can, lol. What schools are you applying to?
I am applying to most of the ones you are. Lets see: UAB( my first choice and where I want to go); UT Memphis; Nova; South Carolina; Louisville; Virginia; West Virginia;and University of Texas at San Antonio. Good luck on your DAT! I had to take mine twice, but its well worth it!

About the Ads