How long does it take to study for DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IcyFox

Exhilarating
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT is a few months away and i'm wondering how long did it take you all to study for the DAT and do well? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

My exam was on April 3rd 2017. I say I studied effectively ( I can argue about how effective it was lol) during March and that was about it. It's all about how you study but I don't understand how people can study for 2+ months. I would start forgetting info.

Reactions: 2 users
My DAT is a few months away and i'm wondering how long did it take you all to study for the DAT and do well? Thanks
It all depends on the student. A 4.0 student will generally have a better foundation than a 3.0, thus needing less study time. There are the 2 week wonders but most students need at least a few months to cover all the materials necessary to obtain a high DAT score.

The biggest mistake students make it rushing to take the DAT before being prepared and resulting in a retake.

Just my 2 cents

Nancy

Last edited:
It depends, some people might take 2-4 weeks, others might take 2-4months. It really depends on how fast you can absorb the info.

Reactions: 1 user
It only takes about two weeks, trust me.

In all seriousness, it totally depends on the individual. It may take you longer than others or it may not--that's not what is important. What's important is that you learn the material and only take the DAT when you're completely prepared.