How long does it take you...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
... to get through First Aid cover-to-cover. I would like to set aside enough time at the end of my studying to just go through it all once. So far, i've only done it in sections as i studied each subject. I feel like I have probably doubled the amount of info with all of my annotations, too (that's an exageration, but man does it feel like I've written a ton of $&!# in there).

Anyways, any good estimates on how much time to set aside?

Members don't see this ad.

JMD said:
... to get through First Aid cover-to-cover. I would like to set aside enough time at the end of my studying to just go through it all once. So far, i've only done it in sections as i studied each subject. I feel like I have probably doubled the amount of info with all of my annotations, too (that's an exageration, but man does it feel like I've written a ton of $&!# in there).

I bet I've quadrupled the amount of info. It actually weighs more now...last time I read it cover to cover I bet it took me 50 hours.

JMD said:

someone was saying you should set aside like 10 days to get through it.....meaning having it memorized.

i have added a buttload of stuff also (my FA is now one big post-it). However, i feel like having gone through much of the stuff already, it should not take as long to blitz through first aid. My plan is to try to alot 3 days for FA review and go through it like 3 times....Again the key word is TRY... i feel at this points i'm comfortable with the material, but repetition is clutch. I would like to get through it at least twice.

i would make sure, first and foremost that you memorize Pharm from FA (as per the advice of previous test takers). hope this helps and g'luck to us all.....

ucb