How long does one have to decide on waitlist acceptance?

• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

bokermmk

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
Status
After May 15 it is common practice for schools to call rather than email or snail mail an acceptance to those on their waitlist. Does one have to respnd immediately or are they given time to think about the decision?? Hours, days??

thewebthsp

Shoobeedoowap
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2002
home.achilles.net
Status
I think he meant how long do you get to accept the waitlist acceptance after May 15.

Less than 2 weeks is ok'd by the AAMC. At some places (Columbia) you are asked by the dean if you will go, and then he will offer you a spot.

If I were a med school I'd say 48 hours.

tobiko

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2004
Visit site
Status
My boyfriend was asked to give an answer within 48 hours from BU.

But the financial aid office told me a couple weeks ago that they would give me time to get the fin aid package numbers before having to decide (~2 weeks?)

About the Ads