How long does Taus take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thruster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long does Taus take for average students? or for slow readers? what are your experiences?

Members don't see this ad.

I did the Taus thing for a few weeks before scrapping it because it took too long. If you're a slow reader and have time though, I would estimate about 2 months for just reading and annotating everything. Give yourself a lot of time if you are planning to do Taus because you want some time after the initial pass to go over things again.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did Taus starting in January (step1 end of May). If you didn't have to study for classes you could prob do it in 8-10 weeks easy. I don't like studying alot at once, so I had to start early, but i didn't get serious about it til 4-5 weeks before. I personally suggest it if your willing to put in the time. I got 258 and would call myself an average student. I was typically always the mean on exams.

I looked at Taus and it ain't for the faint of heart. Very time-consuming & thorough but not particularly high yield. It's a good plan if you're an IMG and have months to study. A doable plan for a med student with minimal life and singular focus. But for most of us with just enough time to keep up with class, have a life, and only a handful of weeks to prepare - highly impractical and frankly a lot of overkill.