How long is a typical pharmacy interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessica525

I
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I searched for this question in the box but didn't find much & I know a lot of you have already interviewed.....

How long does a typical interview last? Meaning...how many questions do they usually ask you?

Do they have a time period so the number of questions depends on the length of your answers?

I'm getting ready for 3 interviews within the next 3 weeks and just wondering what to expect, in regards to time I will be NERVOUS sitting with the interviewers :)

thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

20-40 mins most interviews are, with 30 being the most used based in what i've seen. Length of time really varies if they ask you to do essays, but if everything is traditional question and answer then your done, probably 30 mins. Hard to say how many questions they ask you, good interviews feel like a conversation and are more flowing.

Ours were 40 minutes of questioning and then giving us roughly the last 20 minutes to ask our own questions.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
USC interviews are 20 minutes and are kept pretty close to that because the writing portion of the interview process occurs after the interview. The number of questions asked does therefore depend on how much time is spent answering the question and any side discussion that may not have been part of the interview. (Small talk, tangents, etc.)

thanks so much for all the responses, I really appreciate it! :)

UH Hilo = 30 minutes
Jefferson = 30 minutes
Touro = 1 hour (but it was a group interview)
Midwestern CPG = 40 minutes

USC is only 20 minutes?? interesting..

Ours were 40 minutes of questioning and then giving us roughly the last 20 minutes to ask our own questions.

Good luck!
20 mins to ask them questions seems like a lot. I'm having trouble thiking of questions to ask my interviews as i took my pre-pharm at the same school im applying for the pharm.d. Therefore i already know about their housing, volunteer opportunities, etc. I'm kinda of stuck any advice?

U Tennessee - 30min
Loma Linda - 30min on schedule but I was out in 20. A bad sign? At least I learned about this site during that day haha