How Long Is It Gonna Take?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

themadchemist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been complete at Duke, UCLA, and UPenn for nearly two and a half months? What's the experience of others who have applied to MSTP at these places? How long has it taken?

Members don't see this ad.

Those three programs are in pretty high demand. If you've been complete for two and a half months, that means you got everything in by mid September.

It's going to take a while honestly. You'll hopefully hear something by the beginning of next year.

The problem is the number of applicants who apply since June 1st increases exponentially as time goes on. The admissions committee is probably flooded with hundreds of applications and still trying to get through them as best as they can.

Hopefully you applied to a few other places who you have heard from? Otherwise, just hang in there, call them occasionally to make sure that they still have everything.

Honestly, if I were to do this again, I would submit everything on June 1st.

I am worried too... I applied to 11 MSTP and heard back from only 5 so far. UPenn is among those I have not heard back from. If January is the last interview month, I am waiting for rejection at any time.