How long is the after-graduation gap?

Started by choffa
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

choffa

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a 4th year student who will be working in Indiana after graduation, and I am trying to find out when I can actually start work. Anyone know how long it takes to get a license and get credentialed with VSP and Medicare at a minimum? Thanks!
 
In Ohio, I started an internship the same day that a new graduate started working.. By the end of my 8 weeks, he was seeing patients with his license and insurance details completed. I believe getting set up with insurance companies was the longest part.
 
What did he do in the meantime? Could he still see patients once he had a license before being credentialed with the insurances?
 
He was employed at the office, and mostly saw patients with some ophthalmologists in the building.