how long is the Nova interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

savvysearch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Does anyone know how long the interview is for Nova? Mine starts at around 8:30 but I'm not sure when the process will end. I want to schedule my flight back home straight after the interview giving about 2 hours. Any replys are appreciated! :)

ndearwater

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long the interview is for Nova? Mine starts at around 8:30 but I'm not sure when the process will end. I want to schedule my flight back home straight after the interview giving about 2 hours. Any replys are appreciated! :)

Why would you want to cut it so close? I interviewed there last year and it took around 3 hours I believe. But regardless of that I wouldn't schedule a flight that only allows me a few hours for the interview! Things happen, interviewers could be late, traffic is bad around that area.

If my interview were at 8:30 I wouldn't plan to be at the airport earlier than 2:30. I mean, that's just me but I'd play it safe. Good luck!

savvysearch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why would you want to cut it so close? I interviewed there last year and it took around 3 hours I believe. But regardless of that I wouldn't schedule a flight that only allows me a few hours for the interview! Things happen, interviewers could be late, traffic is bad around that area.

If my interview were at 8:30 I wouldn't plan to be at the airport earlier than 2:30. I mean, that's just me but I'd play it safe. Good luck!

I meant two hours after the interview. :) I just don't know when the interview will end.

PharmDJH

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It really just depends on if your first to interview or last. For me i was last so interview started at 8:30 and didn't leave till around 11:30. But if your first or second etc... you leave whenever your finish

Rxgrrl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
it shouldn't last over 4 hours (mine was about 3 hours long)..:D :luck:

savvysearch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you recommend taxi or car rental? Any travel tips?

Rxgrrl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used a taxi--but it was pretty expensive. I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Plantation (someone else recommended it..and it's in the packet that NOVA sends you)--it was a very nice hotel--breakfast was included (muffins, orange juice, etc.)...the cab fee was about 20-25 dollars (including tip) from the hotel to Nova--and another 20-25 back (obviously)...It cost more to get from the hotel to the airport though..alot more--though I can't estimate exactly--but it was over 40-50 bucks I think..

If you are comfortable with driving..then I would recommend renting a car--but I am from Texas--and figured that I would get lost.

Any other questions!?

If so--please feel free to ask! :)

And most importantly..GOOD LUCK!!! :luck:

(I hope they accept me--I should receive a decision any day now..I interviewed on January 18th)...I don't feel very good about it though--I have a very low PCAT score--and they obviously didn't like that..but we'll see what happens!)

RX student

NSU-WPB campus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed on Jan 17th. My interview started at 1 and I left about 3:30. I went 2nd out of 3. I still haven't heard anything. Good luck to everyone.

PCATtaker

Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The longest part about the interview is waiting for the professors to make their way to the interview room. Wow is that nerve racking.