1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

How long is too long?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Nogpa, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Nogpa

Nogpa Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi all-
    I was wondering what an acceptable time fram for verification is? I submitted on June 10, and have not been on hold(I called and checked) and yet, I still have not been verified. Anyone have any advice? I'd like to kick 'em in the a$$, but don't know how. Has anyone else who submitted that early still gone un-verified?

Thanks,

BR

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    a month is still a reasonable amount of time, but keep calling!

4. Nogpa

Nogpa Member
    7+ Year Member

Samoa-
    I did that, and I got a lovely cut and paste from the AMCAS web-site informing me that "the large volume..blah blah blah...4 to 6 weeks for verification. I wrote back again and haven't heard a peep. I called and found out that my application was on hold for seven seconds when I first submitted, but has been active ever since. Really helpful stuff.

It's frustrating because I feel like I'm a bit of a long shot anyway. The whole idea was to get it in before the schools had read a thousand others. Oh well. Dealing with AMCAS is like clapping with one hand.

BR

5. scootad.

scootad. Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

You need to call and harrass AMCAS at least twice a day.
    I had the same problem 2 years ago when I applied and the AMCAS people didnt do anything until I kept calling them demanding to find out what was causing the delay. It turns out there was a misunderstanding regarding an undergraduate transcript and my application was needlessly delayed an extra 3 weeks. If I hadnt harrassed them, my application would have been delayed further. Take action and don't let the AMCAS idiots ruin your chances at getting into med school!:mad:

6. pocwana

pocwana MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i'm in the same boat Nogpa. though i did submit 9 days after you, it's still been more than 3 weeks and seems like an eternity. kinda crappy that everyone after us has already been verified. i've called every day and they tell me the same bullsh*t about 4-6 weeks. but the website says 4-6 weeks to be processed, i.e. completely finished, so they better get cracking. this morning when i called, the amcas person (as they all usually are) was quite rude. i was so frustrated that i hung up on her. i surprised myself by doing that, but it felt good. probably just made her smile that she didn't have to deal with someone else. a big argh.

7. UCLA2000

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    A month and a half or so...

8. Dr/\/\om

Dr/\/\om Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Get used to it. Some of the individual schools aren't any better.:rolleyes: