How long is too long?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Nogpa, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Nogpa

Nogpa Member

Hi all-
    I was wondering what an acceptable time fram for verification is? I submitted on June 10, and have not been on hold(I called and checked) and yet, I still have not been verified. Anyone have any advice? I'd like to kick 'em in the a$$, but don't know how. Has anyone else who submitted that early still gone un-verified?

Thanks,

BR

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

Attending Physician
    a month is still a reasonable amount of time, but keep calling!

4. Nogpa

Nogpa Member

Samoa-
    I did that, and I got a lovely cut and paste from the AMCAS web-site informing me that "the large volume..blah blah blah...4 to 6 weeks for verification. I wrote back again and haven't heard a peep. I called and found out that my application was on hold for seven seconds when I first submitted, but has been active ever since. Really helpful stuff.

It's frustrating because I feel like I'm a bit of a long shot anyway. The whole idea was to get it in before the schools had read a thousand others. Oh well. Dealing with AMCAS is like clapping with one hand.

BR

5. scootad.

scootad. Senior Member

You need to call and harrass AMCAS at least twice a day.
    I had the same problem 2 years ago when I applied and the AMCAS people didnt do anything until I kept calling them demanding to find out what was causing the delay. It turns out there was a misunderstanding regarding an undergraduate transcript and my application was needlessly delayed an extra 3 weeks. If I hadnt harrassed them, my application would have been delayed further. Take action and don't let the AMCAS idiots ruin your chances at getting into med school!:mad:

6. pocwana

pocwana MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008

Medical Student
    i'm in the same boat Nogpa. though i did submit 9 days after you, it's still been more than 3 weeks and seems like an eternity. kinda crappy that everyone after us has already been verified. i've called every day and they tell me the same bullsh*t about 4-6 weeks. but the website says 4-6 weeks to be processed, i.e. completely finished, so they better get cracking. this morning when i called, the amcas person (as they all usually are) was quite rude. i was so frustrated that i hung up on her. i surprised myself by doing that, but it felt good. probably just made her smile that she didn't have to deal with someone else. a big argh.

7. UCLA2000

Attending Physician
    A month and a half or so...

8. Dr/\/\om

Dr/\/\om Senior Member

Get used to it. Some of the individual schools aren't any better.:rolleyes: