• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!

Nogpa

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2002
PA
Status (Visible)
Hi all-
I was wondering what an acceptable time fram for verification is? I submitted on June 10, and have not been on hold(I called and checked) and yet, I still have not been verified. Anyone have any advice? I'd like to kick 'em in the a$$, but don't know how. Has anyone else who submitted that early still gone un-verified?

Thanks,

BR

Nogpa

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2002
PA
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Samoa
Nogpa, send them a nice e-mail pointing all that out, and mention that everyone you know who submitted on 6/10 has been verified, and also a lot of people who submitted up to 2 weeks later.

Samoa-
I did that, and I got a lovely cut and paste from the AMCAS web-site informing me that "the large volume..blah blah blah...4 to 6 weeks for verification. I wrote back again and haven't heard a peep. I called and found out that my application was on hold for seven seconds when I first submitted, but has been active ever since. Really helpful stuff.

It's frustrating because I feel like I'm a bit of a long shot anyway. The whole idea was to get it in before the schools had read a thousand others. Oh well. Dealing with AMCAS is like clapping with one hand.

BR

About the Ads

scootad.

15+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2001
Status (Visible)
You need to call and harrass AMCAS at least twice a day.
I had the same problem 2 years ago when I applied and the AMCAS people didnt do anything until I kept calling them demanding to find out what was causing the delay. It turns out there was a misunderstanding regarding an undergraduate transcript and my application was needlessly delayed an extra 3 weeks. If I hadnt harrassed them, my application would have been delayed further. Take action and don't let the AMCAS idiots ruin your chances at getting into med school!:mad:

pocwana

MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 11, 2002
L.A.
www-scf.usc.edu
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i'm in the same boat Nogpa. though i did submit 9 days after you, it's still been more than 3 weeks and seems like an eternity. kinda crappy that everyone after us has already been verified. i've called every day and they tell me the same bullsh*t about 4-6 weeks. but the website says 4-6 weeks to be processed, i.e. completely finished, so they better get cracking. this morning when i called, the amcas person (as they all usually are) was quite rude. i was so frustrated that i hung up on her. i surprised myself by doing that, but it felt good. probably just made her smile that she didn't have to deal with someone else. a big argh.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.